Has the full story of Elvis Presley’s military service ever been told?
Elvis Presley served in the U.S. Army for two years and while most biographical accounts seem to quickly skim through the “army years,” author Trina Young argues that this period was perhaps the most significant and life-changing time in The King of Rock and Roll’s life.
Captivating untold stories have been coming out over the years involving the highs and lows Presley experienced as a soldier away from the public eye. The truth is many aspects of Presley’s time in the army were never reported or never made it into the history books. Now, looking back with the benefit of hindsight and years of research, more stories and insights to Presley’s life and times as a soldier are constantly emerging.
Finally, we are able to go behind the scenes in the life of the most famous U.S. army soldier of all time in ELVIS: The Army Years Uncovered. Come take a journey into the life of Private Presley, who rose to the rank of Sergeant, with the stories of many women, nightclubs, strippers, death rumors, secret concerts and fan encounters to name a few.
This biographical account by music journalist Trina Young who has been writing about Elvis for over a decade offers a behind-the-scenes look into the two years that Presley served in the military with stories ranging from the most raucous to the most warm-hearted.
Learn fascinating facts about the two years that changed Elvis Presley’s life including the answers to these questions:
- Who were the German girls that Elvis dated?
- Where were the secret concerts that Elvis gave in Germany?
- What happened between Elvis and a famous German actress?
- What incited multiple death rumors while Elvis was in Germany?
- Who was Elvis dating when he met Priscilla?
- Did Elvis have more than one close call with death in Germany?
- What future world leader would visit Elvis in Bad Nauheim?
- How much danger was Elvis in during his military service?
- Where did Elvis spend the one-year anniversary of his mother’s death?
- Who was rumored to have kidnapped Elvis in Germany?
- How did Presley’s Memphis girlfriend cope with their two-year separation?
- Who did Elvis meet at the nightclubs in Paris and Munich?
- What lifelong hobby did Elvis start in Germany?
- What special treatment did Elvis get while he served in the army?
- Who spilled the beans that Elvis and Priscilla were dating?
The book also includes an 8-page photo section and an Elvis Army Timeline.
Readers can take advantage of the special offer for bonus material at the end of the book.
“The way Trina Young tells the story in easy to understand language from beginning to end and the extensive research that supports it at every step, make Elvis: The Army Years Uncovered the best account to date of Elvis Presley’s life during his years of military service.
Other books may offer greater detail on certain periods of that time, but none covers the full two years with such enthusiasm and accuracy as Trina Young does here. It’s highly recommended for Elvis fans and scholars alike.”
– Alan Hanson, Author, Elvis ’57: The Final Fifties Tours
Read Full Review
Trina Young “has an entertaining and colorful writing style… she wrote a knowledgeable and easy to read book… adding new elements and perspectives on these two years. Young stayed away from the ‘what-ifs’ but handed the reader the material to make up his/her own mind.”
– Kees Mouwen, ElvisDaybyDay.com
Read Full Review